Pages

Be Thankful Always, No Matter What

Yesterday was the anniversary of my mother's (Linda Jo Scott) death and it is just a really hard time for me and my family right now. I have really been very negative and thinking things like "what do I have to be thankful for".  I don't want to think like that it just happens.   Well today I went to my Sunday School class at Church and the topic was "Being Thankful", I really listened and took it to heart, no matter what we always have God to be thankful for. 

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.   1 Thessalonians 5:18                                    
This really made me get to thinking, how many people in this world don't have the things we have and take for granted? Some don't have running water, food to eat, a place to lay their head at night, and much more. It really made me tell myself "Stop feeling sorry for yourself and be glad for the love of a forgiving God and all the things you have". At the end of the day I really feel so much better about everything, I will always miss my mom and the hurt will not go away but, I can get past it and be strong in the faith I have.
RIP Linda Jo Scott 11-19-2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment